Business University: Inspirational Leadership Development
BUILD is a professional development program designed by the Connection and TYPros. Its goal is to educate and upskill the small business workforce in Tulsa, creating future leaders in small business and retaining staff. Additionally, it aims to help small business owners share more responsibility with their staff to help grow their business.
The program consists of educational classes, networking events, one-on-one coaching with Hogan Assessments and participation in a TYPros Crew or Connection committee.
- Must be an employee of a small business (business with 50 employees or less)
- Business must be a member of the Tulsa Regional Chamber
- Only one employee per business will be accepted into the program
Applications are open Nov. 1 - Dec. 7, and the first class will be announced in December. The program will run from January to November 1, 2019. If accepted, the cost of the program is $250.
If accepted into the program, you MUST attend the following:
- Program orientation - Jan. 10 | 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Management class - March 7 | 8 a.m.-noon
- Law, HR and Finance class - Aug. 22 | 1-5 p.m.
- Service, Sales and Strategy class - Oct. 24 | 8 a.m.-noon
- Celebration ceremony - Nov. 1 | 6-8 p.m.
If accepted into the program, you MUST complete the following:
- Personality assessment and coaching
- Attend a total of four Connection and/or TYPros networking events (see events schedule)
- Serve on a TYPros Crew or Connection committee for the year