BUILD is currently postponed due to COVID-19. We will provide updates at a later date.
Business University: Inspirational Leadership Development
The Connection and Tulsa's Young Professionals (TYPROS) have partnered on BUILD, a professional development program. The goal is to educate, upskill and retain the small business workforce in Tulsa, creating future leaders in the small business community. Additionally, it aims to help small business owners share more responsibility with their staff to help grow their business.
The program consists of educational classes, networking events, one-on-one coaching with Hogan Assessments and participation in TYPROS and Connection events.
- Must be an employee of a small business (business with 50 employees or less)
- Must be a member of the Tulsa Regional Chamber or TYPROS
- Only one employee per business will be accepted into the program
Applications are open through March 31, and the first class will be announced in early April. The program will run from April to September. If accepted, the cost of the program is $250.
If accepted into the program, you are expected to attend the following:
- Program orientation - April 14 | 5-6:30 p.m.
- Management and DEI class - May 12 | 8 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Law, HR and Finance class - June 9 | 8 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Service, Sales and Strategy class - July 14 | 8 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Celebration ceremony - Aug. 18 | 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Tulsa Small Business Summit (ticket cost covered) - Sept. 22 | 7:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
If accepted into the program, you will also be required to complete the following:
- Personality assessment and coaching
- Participate in a total of three Connection, TYPROS and/or Mosaic meetings or events
The BUILD program is underwritten by:
Hogan Taylor CPAs